- Parent Category: CSR Singapore /
Sustainability Internship Programme (SIP)
The Sustainability Internship Programme (SIP) is an initiative by the Global Compact Network Singapore (GCNS) that looks into building the capacity of future generation and forward-looking company that is in line with the national sustainability agenda. A strong focus of the SIP is to look into the environmental sustainability practices of companies in their day-to-day operations, value chain and core values. This initiative will be executed in four stages. First, it is the selection of suitable candidates. Second, it is the capacity building for the selected candidates. Third, it will be the match making and internship placement for the trained pool of youth. Fourth, it will be the closure and review of the experience of the individual candidates. The programme is scheduled to be done twice a year, the first session to be carried out mid of 2017.f
The SIP aims to address the following objectives:
1. Youth - Nurture and train youths to understand deeper CSR & Corporate Sustainability matters in the private sector and explore it as a prospective career in shaping the national sustainability agenda.
2. Companies – Assist companies to conceptualise and actualise sustainability policies and practices.
3. Network – Create and maintain a pool of young sustainability professionals that is ready to meet the growing demand regionally and globally.
4. Job Creation – Facilitate the interest of companies in creating the dedicated position in promoting sustainability.