About this Job
GCNS seeks a passionate and energetic individual with interest in working with youths, and possessing aptitude in events management. You should be a resourceful and adaptable individual capable of thriving in a dynamic environment. You will work on exciting youth & outreach initiatives that will help shape the sustainability landscape in Singapore.
Reporting to the Youth & Outreach Manager, your responsibilities include:
- Assisting with organising and promoting the CDL-GCNS Young CSR Leaders Award
- Assisting to manage and actively engage volunteers and the Youth Organising Committee in organizing and marketing the GCNS Youth Forum
- Assisting to manage and market the Sustainability Internship Programme
- Assisting to drive the Youth Membership
- Ensure that projects are well-delivered, including post event action collateral to such projects
- Establish strategic relationships with key stakeholders of the Youth & Outreach Unit and GCNS generally
- Support the Executive Director (ED) and GCNS team in other ad-hoc duties when needed
Candidates should possess:
- At least a Diploma in Business Studies (or related field) or equivalent work experience
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software. Candidates with knowledge and
- experience in designing and managing websites will have a significant advantage
- A strong belief in the importance of Corporate Sustainability and what it seeks to achieve
- A strong interest and ability in project and events management. Candidates with prior experience in project/events management will have an advantage
- An eye for details
- Good organizing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills, particularly with youths, institutes of higher learning and corporates
- Ability to work under pressure
- Some marketing experience
- Ability to work independently within a team and individually
- Ability to work beyond normal office hours when needed
Fresh graduates with exposure and experience in organizing events are welcome to apply
Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Residence can apply, please forward your CVs
(with recent digital photo attached), including remuneration expectations, to Pamela Heng at
dialogue to clarify expectations.
The Youth & Outreach Appreciation Tea (Appreciation Tea) held on 5 July 2017 had 29 attendees. The attendees comprises of Institute of Higher Learning lecturers, programme administers and youth officers from youth organisation. The objective of the Appreciation Tea was to firstly, thank the stakeholders of the Youth & Outreach business unit of Global Compact Network Singapore (GCNS) for their support over the years and more importantly, to foster stronger relationship between GCNS and its stakeholders.
Dr Ryan Wun, Deputy Executive Director at GCNS gave his opening remarks. Following which, Ms Mayshan Mashita, Assistant Manager of Youth & Outreach introduced the different Youth & Outreach activities at the session. Ms Shonalie Raha and Ms Rachel Kenyon, Co-Chairperson and committee member of Volunteer Management of the GCNS Youth Forum 2017 Youth Organising Committee (YOC) respectively were invited to share their experience as a YOC and how being involved in the YOC had benefitted team as an individual.
Ms Wong Dan-Chi, Director, Paia Consulting was also invited to share her experience as a past participating mentor at the CDL-GCNS Young CSR Leaders Award (YCSRLA). She shared the role of the mentor to the finalist teams of YCSRLA and the benefits to the student teams. After the series of sharing session, upcoming events of the Youth & Outreach business unit were shared with the participants.
The Appreciation Tea ended with a short networking session.